Monday, March 12, 2012

Painting The Town Orange

For the past 4 years I have participated in the MS Walk either in San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara. This year I'm trying to get as many people involved as possible and that is going to start with some orange cranes! 
 Some of our team members from last year

But first, here is some info from the website:

  • Multiple sclerosis (MS) interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the body and stops people from moving. 

  • The National Multiple Sclerosis Society supports more MS research, offers more services for people with MS, provides more professional education programs and furthers more MS advocacy efforts than any other MS organization in the world. 

I have two friends my age who have MS so the effects of this disease are becoming more apparent to me. Today, there is no cure for MS, and with a diagnosis occurring more frequently between the ages of 20 and 50, many individuals face a lifetime filled with unpredictability.

Now back to those orange cranes:

Since cranes also promote healing and this week happens to be MS Awareness Week, I am only going to be placing orange cranes.  I will still write a link to this blog on the back of each one and hope that people will see this blog post and follow the links I'm about to post. 

This event is something that is really special to me so if you would like to donate then follow the links below.

Thanks! And don't forget to keep on movin!


We even made it into the brochure 2 years ago!

Helpful Links:







2 comments:

  1. looking back at the photo from nearly two years ago, it really does look pretty cool! No wonder they featured it! It looks so loving :) Good luck this year Marisa!

    ReplyDelete